Eric has been passionate about investing since starting in college in the early 1970s. He is dedicated to the financial planning and investment profession by earning the following degrees and credentials.
- A BBA in finance from the University of Texas at Austin
- Masters of Business Administration with Honors from the number one ranked Thunderbird School of Global Management
- The CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER TM Designation. This rigorous professional certification requires mastery in over a hundred financial topics. After five graduate level courses, there is a very rigorous two-day comprehensive board exam with passing rates at less than half. There are continuing annual ethics and continuing education required. It allows a very integrated holistic understanding of a person's financial life including investments, retirement, estate planning, insurance topics.
- Charter Life Underwriter. This designation offered by the American College has a focus on life insurance and estate planning and legacy goals.
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary ® . Eric took his studies at Rice University. This designation formalizes the importance of when and how one needs to account in a fiduciary responsibility, typically found in trust boards and retirement plans. It adheres to clear standards, a defined process including benchmarking, and very clearly understanding the responsibility of acting in the best interest of one's client. Eric thrives on active investment management including definite risk management tools. He is a student of and enjoys utilizing alternative asset classes to provide diversification in portfolios.
His past business investment experience includes positions with IBM, being an officer with USAA, and the Royal Bank of Canada Wealth Management. He has run several firms in the commercial real estate industry.
He's also passionate about serving his community and has enjoyed active participation in the City of San Antonio's Leadership Program and Masters Leadership Program. He is a volunteer assistant scoutmaster in his sons' scout troop for seven years, and had great joy in teaching various merit badges and seeing many of these great young men become Eagle scouts.
Eric has been blessed with a vibrant 33-year marriage to his wife Angela, a fellow University of Texas Longhorn. They enjoy three adult children and their expanding families. To relax, he enjoys fly fishing, RV'ing, cycling, reading, and attempting golf.
Eric believes you have to have a compatible fit between advisor and client, and is very happy to take the time up front in a no-obligation visit to see if the things Client Centric might offer for a client would be a mutually beneficial fit.
"As you can tell from the above, I'm very passionate about my practice and look forward to having the opportunity of visiting with you to see if the vast resources and experiences we enjoy could benefit you and your family."
~ Eric Weissgarber